Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ok, Its time to go back to work

Well, the holidays are over and its time to rejoin the real world. I always get two weeks off for Christmas and New Years, but every year it seems like the days disappear. There is so much I want to do, in the shop, books to read, or just loaf around with the wife and enjoy ourselves. But between the things I want to do and the things that need to be done, such as clean off the garden and prepare it for spring, taxes, and other chores, I don't know where to start, so I don't get any of it done. so its back to work tomorrow, but it doesn't seem like we even had a vacation. This year that means double trouble, as the wife and I are both back in school, and classes start tomorrow as well. I turn 49 tomorrow, and between thinking about work, school, and everything else, man I sure feel tired.
With everything else going on, I did decide to start this blog. It may seem like I'm taking on more to do, and then complaining about it, but I'm not complaining. I think having this blog will give me the opportunity to unload my mind without dumping it all off on the "better half", thereby easing some stress in the house. Politics and the economy have us all pretty worried right now, I guess, and having an outlet that gets it off our chests without ranting to or at our loved ones is a positive thing. So I will use this area to blow off some steam about politics, the economy, work, sports, or whatever else comes to mind. I hope someone reads it, as I would like to open up honest discussions about the happenings in our country and world, and welcoming opinions from all sides. I may disagree with you, but I respect your right to believe what you believe. So please feel free to state an opposing opinion at any time.
As I'm going back to the old grind, it seems the politicians are as well. Gov. Richardson of New Mexico has pulled out of the Obama administration due to the investigation into his campaign donations and alleged "pay to play" actvities involving some contractors that donated money to his gubanatorial campaign. All the details aren't out, but usually where there's smoke there's fire, and I'm sure he wouldn't have withdrawn if there wasn't something there. Or, perhaps Obama didn't want to be tainted by something like this so early on. At any rate, it just seems that no one at this level has any integrity anymore. I voted for Obama, and I hope that he is as decent as he seems to be so far. That would be a breath of fresh air, for sure. I'm prayingfor him, and we need him to be straight. We are in very choppy seas right now, and we need a leader that can unify us and get us through these hard times. As divided as the country is right now politically and ideologically, no single politician is going to bring us together on issues, but if our leaders exhibit good character, high ideals, an strength under adversity, they may unify us through good faith. So not only do we need the President to be strong on policy, but he must be of good character and integrity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment